September 24, 2011

Twice Humbled


Coming in second in the Primary Election for Municipal Ward Ogden City Council Race lets me know people are investing their confidence in me with each vote cast; getting hit by a car after election day lets me know how vulnerable I am.  While I have hopes of switching into high gear these few days before the General Election, I have been shackled by the inability to move about and meet people. 

I want you the voters to know I will still do my very best for you once elected … I will be a champion for my voters in Municipal Ward #2.  What I lack in experience I will make up for in a sincere desire to see the City of Ogden prosper and bloom at a micro-level, rather than a macro-level – we need to shift focus just a bit toward the citizens on their level (both as individuals and local small businesses) when it comes to what we are passing or implementing as a governing body, while keeping focus on the grand scheme of things for the entire City. 

During pre-flight instruction, a steward will instruct the passengers to place the mask on themselves first before attending to the children in their care – make sure the responsible party is able to maintain stability before it can care for those entrusted to it.  The same simple guideline should be followed by those entrusted with the care of the myriad of entities within the City of Ogden. 

By taking care of the basics: water, sewer, curb & gutter, police and fire personnel & equipment, roads & transportation – we can be free to take care of the citizenry and local business, as well as reaching out to bring new businesses to town. Ogden’s Department of Economic development is doing a great job of targeting specific niches that need to be filled by way of good paying jobs being brought into the City without pushing out the long-established local businesses.

 For the moment, I am thankful for the votes of confidence that edged me through the Primary Election, I am thankful my injuries from the accident are minor, I am hopeful and looking forward to serving on the Ogden City Council – with your help and votes I can do this. 

Feel free to click on the Donate Button at the top left of this blog if you wish to contribute a few bucks to get my door-to-door campaign off the ground; also feel free to contact me if you have any questions or issues. 

I have been notified there will be an event similar to the debate held for the mayoral candidates in the City Council Chambers sometime in October … there will be more information posted about this event as it becomes available.

TLJ

1 comment: