September 18, 2011

Down But Not Out!


The day after the Primary Election here in Ogden, I was beginning my run for campaign contributions to help ramp up the campaign a bit.  I used the small amount raised in the preliminaries for signs and some postage.

The day after the Primary Election as I was walking about downtown, I was unfortunately hit by a car in the crosswalk. This was not in my plans for the day – and I wasn’t able to complete my mission for the day.  After a short stay in the McKay-Dee Hospital ER, I scheduled an appointment to see our regular family Doctor the very next day.  There are no broken bones 

… BUT …

Doctor will be seeing me in another week to determine whether an MRI is needed for my left knee, which is clearly damaged by being bent skee-wampus.  I also sustained a severe sprain of my right foot.  I sustained some damage to my MCL (medial collateral ligament) on the left knee. An MRI will show if additional damage occurred within the joint itself, and help determine if surgery is required.

In the Meantime, I am unable to walk around knocking doors and meet people in order to receive contributions for the rest of my campaign.  This also prevents me from getting out in the neighborhoods to meet and get to know what people in my voting district are looking for in a City Council member to represent them for Municipal Ward 2.

I have had one contribution through the PayPal “Donate” button just to the left of this blog post. Contributing through PayPal is simple, gives all parties desired privacy, plus it is rather handy in that the transaction takes place almost immediately.

For now, I will direct your attention to earlier posts in this blog, where you will find out what I intend to do when elected to the City Council for Municipal Ward 2. You will also find contact information if you have any questions regarding specific issues I may not have mentioned or that concern you.

Please read on, and consider making a contribution to help me get the ball rolling for when I AM back on my feet. I sincerely appreciate your support and consideration.

TLJ

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I'm very impressed by your blog. You express yourself very well and I like the extras such as the quotes and blog lists. Only suggestion might be more visuals. Doug

    ReplyDelete